Skimlinks

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Back in black

I took a good long break from blogging for a number of reasons:

1) Mike suspended Rotoaction.com, to which my blog was linked.

2) My older brother died in May 2008 and the ensuing grief made it hard to get out of bed, nevermind find humor in everyday life.

3) As my kids got older, I had to work harder to make money the old fashioned way: taking it from their wallets.

Actually, I don't take from my kids' wallets.  I borrow and forget to give it back.  HAHAHA, kids!

But I've decided that a lot has happened in the two years since I've posted on here.  And as much as I'd like to comment on the sad state of affairs that are our affairs of State, I'll refrain.  You see, I need to put all my brain power into coming up with a new title for this here blog.

My kids are more self-sufficient, so I don't have to take them out or keep them occupied every Sunday during the NFL football season.  That was the original inspiration for the blog:  Mike HAD to watch the games in peace, so it fell to me to get them out of his hair.

Now, Cara ("I think if you just slide food under my door I could live in my room for weeks") only leaves the house under pain of death or for a trip to the mall.  Ryan considers staying home some form of torture.  And Mike can bang out articles for the Wall St. Journal or SNY or whoever even if Ryan has friends over playing Xbox.  So... we're evolving.  The Football Widow moniker doesn't fit as well.

I'm thinking a new Blogger title could be: My Mid-Life Crisis -- an account of my daily routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment